Dr Michael Anthony had an unforseen occurrence and as a result he was not able to facilitate the interview. We, Lorraine and I decided to make use of the day and take footage of the Stollmeyer Castle. We even made an attempt to go inside the compound, but the guards said that we need to ask the foremen permission to do so, as the building is undergoing restoration.
Exterior footage of the Boissière Mansion was taken and then, we did a furtive act of going to the wall of the Peschier grave to capture footage of the tomb stones. The gate was locked but we stuck the camera between the cracks, zoomed into the writing of the tombstones and recorded some of the names engraved on the tombstones. Unfortunately, from the vista view, there was no evidence of the actual name Peschier carved on any stone. I am aware that this an ethical and legal issue but as media students we are determined to get the required information.
What is our plan of action then? I am thinking of using the footage and when posting it on FB, give credit to the Peschier family and to mention that this documentary is a school based assignment and anyone stealing this footage will face legal actions. We are hoping not to face legal action ourselves. In the meantime, I will try to get permission to take footage of the Peschier graveyard. Yes, I know it is buying the carriage before the horse, but time is quickly passing by.
Sly
No comments:
Post a Comment