Tuesday, 18 March 2014

B-Role & Stock Footage Flop

While Lorraine and I were doing cartwheels for acquiring footage that was very difficult to find, all thanks to Christopher Laird, Lecturer Christopher Aaron sent us back to the drawing board because the 1985 footage is not of industrial quality. So the issue of airing the documentary publicly is of no consequence.

Christopher also said that the brole footage of the Stollmeyer Castle,  Boissière House and the exterior of the walled cemetery needed to be held for 15-20 seconds. So this Saturday; to avoid the over exposure of the blazing mid-day sun, we would re-shoot the brole footage at 6.30 a.m.


I am also in the process of getting the proper procedure to acquire footage of the privately owned Peschier graveyard. Mr. Green of the National Trust was on another call, so I left my name and contact number. If I don't hear from him in 30 minutes time; I will be sure to call again.


More than 30 minutes have passed and with lots of running around I was finally able to find out that I have to write a letter of permission to the Director of the Horticultural Services within the Ministry of Food Production; Mr. Kamaldeo Maharaj, to get footage of the Pechier Graveyard. We are hoping to do this by Monday 24th March, 2014.

In the meantime, I will be visiting the foreman who is responsible for renovating the Stollmeyer's Castle. I want internal footage of the castle. This project has turned me into a serious beggar, but I am determined to get the job done.


Sly.





No comments:

Post a Comment