Sunday, 19 January 2014

The Plan

The commencement of this blog is a bit late due to PC issues at home, nevertheless I was taking the time to gather my thoughts and do some further research for this project. Further is underscored because this idea was birthed some three semesters ago. I didn't want to pursue it last semester because I felt that my group members were not mature enough and mostly would have lacked the appreciation and passion for such a topic. 
 
So what is this  plan? It is to resurrect the echt significance and history of seemingly elusive colonial structures and vestiges of the African community during the mid 19th century to the early 20th century in Trinidad through descendants of colonialists and descendants of freed Africans, historians and members of Citizens's for Conservation.

I wanted to include the Ministry as last Wednesday, the Express shed light on the restoration project of Hayes court, but based on the last class project, the bureaucracy  was so overwhelming to interview a minster, I decided to rule out that idea. (In another blog I will outline the ideas/plan. )

Lorraine Goring and I have excellent work chemistry and  she is also very passionate about colonial houses and we will work together on this project. 

Sly.




No comments:

Post a Comment